If you are a Mac Outlook user that uses OLM formatted files and wish to save the OLM document in Office 365 without utilizing the Mac platform, before importing the converted PST document into the Office 365 mailing system, transform the OLM file to PST type.
However, the solutions indicated by Microsoft do not permit importing OLM straight into PST format, and the user is faced with the following failure: The path to the file.olm is not a data file from Outlook (.pst).
Since there is no straight converter available, the migration can be accomplished via converting OLM to PST using such an IMAP user account. You first need to convert.olm to.pst files, and after that, you need to upload the converted.pst files into Office 356 (which is a completely manual process). Follow the below process and keep reading.
But Before You Start, What is OLM?
Generally, on Mac devices, Outlook uses OLM-formatted files to store data. The information storage files for Mac Outlook (OLM) vary from those for Windows Outlook (PST), and Microsoft has no documented program for transferring OLM files straight into Office 365.
Outlook is a desktop-based email service that is extensively used for email transmission and reception. It is accessible on both Mac and Windows operating systems. The main distinction between Outlook for Windows and Outlook for Mac is that it produces PST files for Windows and OLM files for Mac to save information.
Web-based applications are in high demand these days. As a result, Microsoft created Office 365, a cloud-based program that allows users to send and receive emails via the internet. It covers a variety of cloud-based software packages such as Office Online, Outlook 365, Yammer, and others. Office 365 keeps data in the cloud, which is accessible from everywhere and at any time. As a result, Mac and Windows users are shifting to the internet.
Reasons to Import OLM Files into Office 365
There are several reasons why you should upload an OLM file to Office 365. Several of them are as follows:
- Office 365 is a web-based program, so it can be accessed anywhere.
- It keeps data on the internet, reducing the potential for data loss.
- Outlook 365 provides greater security and safety than Mac Outlook.
Convert OLM to PST using an IMAP account.
For Converting OLM to PST requires initially setting up an IMAP mail address and then transferring mails through one network to another. Gmail with IMAP configuration is a popular network that may be configured with both a Mac and an Outlook user account. For your clarity, we have separated the process into six easy steps.
- Setup a Gmail account using IMAP: Create a new Gmail address using IMAP settings, or activate an old account with IMAP system preferences.
- Configure Outlook for Mac using a Gmail account: An Outlook for Mac account may be quickly set up by using a Gmail account.
- Make a label in Gmail: Create a Gmail label in the Gmail account using iMAP Settings to transport the data from the OLM file to the iMAP inbox.
- Setup Outlook with Gmail: After transferring the information from OLM to the Gmail label, the initial stage is to attach the Gmail account to the Microsoft Outlook account.
- Import emails: After the above step, import all emails from your Gmail iMAP account into Microsoft Outlook and begin viewing the OLM files in PST format.
- PST to Office 365 Import: When all of the data has been imported in PST format, utilize the Office 365 account to import the converted PST files in order to view the account via the internet.
The limitations of manually importing OLM files into Office 365 using IMAP.
As it is a totally manual process, it has absolutely some limits. However, if you are an inexperienced user, then it can be a great challenge for you to perform the conversion and import the files into Office 365. For your kind information, we have added some limitations below.
- Using the manual technique, a user can hardly import emails from an OLM file into Outlook 365 (cloud-based).
- Then there is the risk of data corruption during the migration procedure.
- The manual method of importing OLM into Office 365 is time-consuming and inefficient.
- This approach does not preserve data integrity while transferring or copying an OLM file to Office 365.
Import OLM files into Office 365 using an automated method.
Generally, people are the worst at manual methods, as it is a lengthy and time-consuming process. Besides, if you don’t have specific expertise, there is a chance of data loss. Then there isn’t any in-built process given by Microsoft to directly import.olm files into Office 365.
As a result, I think the best option for all of the users is to use an OLM to PST converter tool. But everybody doesn’t have the budget to buy software. In this situation, they can try the manual method.
But the question is, what tool or software should you use? It’s true that there are various tools available online to perform the work, but what’s better? There is a matter of easy use. So, we think Regain OLM to Office 365 software Migration will be the best for you.
Besides, this tool can also convert MBOX to PST and other formats.
How to use Regain OLM to Office 365 Migration Software?
It’s easy interface is so easy to maintain. Just within a simple step you can Import OLM files to Office 365. Get the easy steps below.
- Install and launch the Regain OLM to Office 365 Migration Software.
- Navigate to the browse button and pick the OLM file that you wish to migrate.
- Check the summary of all scanned files and select “Office 365” from the menu that appears.
- Input your Office 365 account access information.
- Select the “Connect” option to quickly export the OLM file to your Office 365 account.
Whenever you are looking for the free ways, above described manual techniques are perfect. But for non-technical users using any third-party tool is highly suggested.
Leave a Reply